Welcome to the "Capture One 12 in Action for Beginners" course!
I have designed this course for all of you who got impressed by stunning results that other photographers achieved with Capture One and are eager to give the software a try yourself. Capture One 12 is a high end complete image editing software solution - you can use it to import your Raw files from the camera, organise them, perform lens corrections, luminosity adjustments and color grade your images.
Capture One is known for its exceptional handling of color and image quality - it comes with custom camera profiling. When you import a Raw file, Capture One will automatically recognise what camera it has been shot with and give it the standard ICC profile created by Phase One specifically for that camera. That means great looking images straight from the camera! Starting from there you can take advantage of powerful Capture One tools and fine tune luminosity and color. Every tool in Capture One is designed to give you full control of all aspects of the editing process - preserving, recovering and optimising all information from your Raw files.
Simply get the 30 day free trial, jump in and see the possible results in your own work. I decided to focus entirely on real-life examples, providing you solutions to the most common photo editing issues such as exposure correction, shadow and highlight detail recovery, midtone contrast enhancement, color correction.
This class is not intended to walk you through every aspect of Capture One, instead my idea was to get you in action as soon as possible and show you how to get results fast with some of the most powerful Capture One tools.
I’ve heard very often that photographers find Capture One quite overwhelming and quickly give up lost in the complexities of its interface. So you can treat this course as a shortcut. Following the hands-on examples will get you familiar with the software in no time, turning the learning curve into a fascinating experience.
Take this course if you are new to Capture One and you want to give it a go, jumping straight into creative photo editing workflow. After completing the course you will have a good understanding of Capture One core tools. By following the editing examples you will also gain necessary experience and confidence to realise your own creative ideas, get you experimenting and bring new life to your favourite Raw files.
Import Raw files to Capture One
Basic Lens Corrections: Chromatic Aberration
Selecting Base Characteristic Curve
Working with Layers, standard Masks & Luma Masks
Performing global & selective luminosity adjustments
Color grading with Color Balance & Color Editor Tools
Shadow & Highlight detail recovery with HDR Tool
Midtone contrast adjustments with Clarity Tool
Reapplying & fine tuning created set of adjustments to a new Raw image
Photographer & Educator
- Welcome to the course FREE PREVIEW
- Capture One 12 Free Trial installation FREE PREVIEW
- Importing supporting Raw files FREE PREVIEW
- Capture One 12 interface
- Tools & keyboard shortcuts
- Edit 1 - Background layer basic adjustments
- Edit 1 - Color grading with Curve (RGB , Luma)
- Edit 1 - Color grading with Curve (R, G, B)
- Edit 1 - Color Balance
- Edit 1 - Color Editor FREE PREVIEW
- Edit 1 - Clarity adjustments
- Edit 1 - Matte finish
- Edit 1 - Final touches: vignette
- Edit 2 - Introduction
- Edit 2 - Luminosity adjustments
- Edit 2 - Shadow detail recovery with Luma Mask
- Edit 2 - Shadow detail recovery global
- Edit 2 - Highlight detail recovery with Luma Mask
- Edit 2 - Matt finish
- Edit 2 - Clarity adjustments
- Edit 2 - Color Balance
- Edit 2 - Final touches: local luminosity adjustments
- Edit 2 - Reapplying set of adjustments to a new image
- Edit 3 - Introduction
- Edit 3 - Chromatic aberration correction
- Edit 3 - Base Characteristics
- Edit 3 - Local Luminosity adjustments - Sky
- Edit 3 - Global Luminosity adjustments
- Edit 3 - Local Contrast adjustments
- Edit 3 - Global Shadow & Highlight detail recovery
- Edit 3 - Clarity adjustments
- Edit 3 - Color Balance - Gold Tones
- Edit 3 - Color Contrast
- Edit 3 - Luminosity Contrast
- Edit 3 - Final touches, sky white balance
- Download assets here